The Megapedal has 18 separate analogue effects, each of which can be turned on or off using the associated footswitch. The effects are hardwired in sequence internally, but there is also a patchbay on the rear of the unit, which allows the reordering of effects if necessary. The patchbay also provides plenty of options for using the Megapedal with other instruments in the studio. Below, the effects are ordered as they are on the pedal, and the relevant VFE pedal name is shown in brackets.
1. Germanium and silicon twin Fuzz (Fuzz Duo) - 2. Auto Wah, circuit based on the Mutron III (Mini Mu) - 3. Saturated Fuzz (Fiery Red Horse)
4. Optical Compressor (White Horse) - 5. Octave Fuzz (Fuzz Cocktail) - 6. Swell and Auto Volume (Bumble Bee) - 7. Dynamic Overdrive (Pale Horse)
8. Classic Overdrive, modified TS909 circuit (The Scream) - 9. Low gain Overdrive (Blues King) - 10. 3-band Distortion (Triumvirate)
11. Vintage Distortion (Alpha Dog) - 12. Hard-edge Distortion (Dark Horse) - 13. Parametric EQ, Boost and Buffer (Rocket EQ)
14. JFET 2/3/4-stage Phaser (Enterprise) - 15. Vintage Tremolo (Old School) - 16. Chorus/Vibrato/Flanger (Choral Reef)
17. Dual Delay (Mobius Strip) - 18. Analgoue Delay (Blueprint)